[Lazarus] Dear developers, we need your help before releasing 0.9.26

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:06:32 CEST 2008

No, I wasn't going to download 40mb every day (or even almost every day).

I was just considering downloading the snapshot from my work's bandwidth...
but i'd rather just update my SVN on my linux machine and await 0.9.26 for
windows.

That's why I want to have the 2 on the flash disk  (if you see my other
post).

Regards,
-Reenen

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Bee <bisma at brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:

> > Maybe we need to point lazarus users to some build manual (if exists) or
> > create one (in other case).
>
> It's already there, on the wiki. :)
>
> > But indeed building from svn is very easy:
> > - to clean and build ide without external components: make clean all
> > - to clean and build ide with some external component: make clean bigide
> > - to clean and build ide with all user component: make clean idepkg
>
> Yup. I event made a simple script to automate the whole processes from
> updating my local SVN, make clean all, make install. It's done. If I run
> Lazarus after that, I have the latest Lazarus in front of me. Of course,
> if the whole processes are successful. Even if the new update is broken,
> I simply re-run the script to revert my SVN to the last working revision
> (if I remember the rev number). :-D
>
> > Nothing more and no need to download 40mb of snapshots every day. And
> > also no need to reinstall that snapshots.
>
> Exactly! That's why I wonder if there's regular users of Lazarus (not
> newcomers that come to try and leave) that still download 40mb of
> snapshots every day. :-D
>
> -Bee-

o__
,_.>/ _