[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Wed Dec 2 08:37:59 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>... I'm
> trying to do a good thing here, but it seems like all the core Lazarus
> developers have a mental block against anything I say. I simply don't
> get it! Why have a project that you don't want anybody else to use???

We don't have a mental block.

The idea of 1.0 rc1 was expressed before the 0.9.28 release. The
proposal is the next:

For 1.0 rc1 we need to fix 1.0 win32 bugs. Maybe not all the bugs in the
tracker with 1.0 target are really has 1.0 target. But at least we need
to review all and decide about each of them.

For 1.0 rc2 we need to do the same but for the gtk2 widgetset. And here
we need a help of community. We need to close all gtk1 bugs but we also
need to check wether the bugs are present in our gtk2 interface. If they
are present then first we need to change their widgetset to gtk2 and
decide whether they are 1.0 bugs.

I think 1.0 rc3 will be the last rc release and to release it we need to
review remain 1.0 IDE bugs.

This is my view of road to 1.0 and it can differ from ideas of other
developers.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.