[Lazarus] Delphi wxWidget plugin for Lazarus

Ron Grove ron.grove at me.com
Tue Mar 31 10:30:24 CEST 2009

I don't see anything in the video that prevented you from making edits
in Lazarus.  He copies files back and forth for some reason, not sure
what's up with that.  I don't have to do that because VMWare Fusion
allows for pretty seamless file sharing.

As for CodeGear benefitting from embracing FPC, I haven't bought the
argument.  FPC and Lazarus would make a Windows only Delphi completely
superfluous if they had the same third party component support that
Delphi does.  It would suffer the same fate as most Java IDE vendors
as the open source ones got feature parity.  Not interested in
starting a debate on it, but I only see them becoming irrelevant by
embracing FPC.  If they want to survive, they need to make themselves
a more compelling product than FPC and Lazarus are.   They were on the
right path with Kylix and completely dropped the ball.  Then they
dropped it with a costly, misguided .NET strategy.  They're fighting
for existence my friend and FPC/Lazarus only highlight their past
failures and future challenges IMHO.

-Ron