[Lazarus] Kylix 3 Open Edition

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:26:19 CET 2010

2010/1/6 waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net>:
> up the old mini-CD i saved it to when i downloaded it back around August
> 2003... i also have the 2nd update for it which is only 215K... IIRC, it

Yes, I have that update too. Nice and small.

> sadly, i
> don't think i can get to my activation file which is on a very old 486 based
> linux server that's been dead for a number of years now :?

I had to search though a lot of old archive CD's with numerous
duplicates of my Kylix 3 pro and ent. licenses. Eventually I found the
Open Edition license file. Thank goodness for backups.

Speaking of old hardware. I just put together my "universal converter"
system. It consists of my very first PC I ever owned (486-DX2) which
is still in working order. I salvaged the 5.25" floppy drive and a
3.5" diskette drive. Rebuilt it into a slightly newer casing with a
P75 chip and added a DVD-ROM drive and some 64MB memory. Now I can
read my old floppy disks (if I ever felt the need)  :-)  I'll keep
this system for historic purposes.

> the sources to kylix? hummm... we'll find out in an hour or so as i'm
> pulling it now just to see ;)

Please let us (or at least me) know what's in there.

  - Graeme -