[Lazarus] IDEIntf: Extract PropHooks from PropEdits unit

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:07:58 CET 2010

2010/1/22 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> Zitat von Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com>:

>>> No, it breaks compatibility.
>>
>> What compatibility?
>> I have successfully re-built lazarus after the refactoring -- no files
>> except
>> propedits.pp required any changes.
>
> Amazing, TPropertyEditHook is used in some IDE units.
> What exactly do you want to move?

At the current stage, I simply re-export TPropertyEditHook
from propedits unit.
Theoretically, after updating all dependent units
this re-export might be removed, but there is no pressure --
it is only a single line and can be postponed indefinitely.

> I can't follow you.
> a) TPropertyEditHook is not used anywhere then moving will not break
> compatibility
> b) TPropertyEditHook is used in many units then moving will break
> compatibility
>
> With "compatibility" I mean the designtime packages that use IDEIntf.

My change _allow_ units to depend only on propedithook,
but does not require it.

> What about GlobalDesignHook?

That is indeed a problem, and I have a plan for it ;-)
However, at the first stage I left in intact.

>> Note that the patch I have currently prepared does not
>> implement the latter change yet, but it will follow shortly.
>
> ok. Hopefully it will clarify some things. :)

I hope so too ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin