[Lazarus] Lazarus control wrapper for Scintilla - SciTE clone using Lazarus

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:58:54 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is SynEdit better than Scintilla?

SynEdit is good enough and quite fast, i used it at some point to replace
a custom highlighter i made for some C-ish scripting that used RichEdit and
was a lot slower, SynEdit even allowed nice access to the parsed content so
you could even build your interpreter without writing your own parser :)
Scintilla is probably more capable but it will always be less well
integrated while SynEdit is native and you can extend it if you need some
special capability.

> Everybody knows SciTE, right?
>
> The russian version of SciTE is better than the original SciTE. Gusek
> based on SciTE-ru is what I am using right now in Windows. I am
> looking for SciTE for Mac OS X which does not exist.

I think most people know Notepad++ but some know the classic version of
SciTE. Maybe some people are scared that russian code might have trojans so
the RU edition of SciTE is less known, but seriously i have no idea why this
version is less known knowing that NGINX is a well known and secure
webserver used even by Sourceforge to replace Apache.

Razvan