[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:55:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> But PHP is back-end too.
> I do not think a mix of languages is the best way. Theoretically, PHP
> and FPC do the same things so, why I use 2 languages? Who connects to
> the DBMS, e.g. ?

PHP connect without problems to FPC and any other web technology, we had to
do it in our project, PHP can run executables and return values, it's easy
to redirect from on technology to another passing parameters between them.

> Maybe use a language for other thing, like configurations, layouts,
> etc. A script language has advantages for that. I think Lua[1]
> language is a great option.

LUA is becoming more popular and it's syntax is closer to Pascal, i even
think Pascal could learn a few things from LUA (like making begin optional
:)
LUA is getting large frameworks but it has too many differences between
versions 5.0 - 5.1

Razvan