[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

Paulo Costa paco at fe.up.pt
Wed Aug 31 15:56:37 CEST 2011

On 31/08/2011 13:55, Antônio wrote:
> I have not formed an opinion about it. But I am for freedom, if there
> are people who want  to have (and can maintain) a particular
> translation for any language (Guarani perhaps), why not?

That is also my opinion. If you want people contributing to your project
you can't say their effort is unwanted/misguided or that it's my way or
the highway.
Then you wonder you you are not attracting contributors...

> But I find it curious that the Brazilian community has considerable
> presence in  Lazarus community and Portugal people want to abstract
> this.

What do you mean by "abstract"?
I would never think of changing wiki pages written in Portuguese by
Brazilians just because of the style. Not even documentation.

For the IDE menus and dialogs, I would find myself more comfortable to
use there the standard terms for us, in Portugal.

Paulo Costa