[Lazarus] Development of other revision control

Dawson abu_joseph at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 20:54:29 CEST 2012

Hi again Reinier,

yes, I know what Darius (et al.) have done in lazsvnpkg is a plugin, and
I really think it will be helpful. In a message from Darius, I got the
impression that his work is open source, and it certainly would be a
great building block.

Is there a reason not to make an API, as opposed to a plugin for
Lazarus? I guess in some ways the plugin system is nice since it doesn't
force anything on anyone, but on the other hand it seems odd to me that
a developer wouldn't want access to a "source code management" system
built into their IDE.

And you are right, I think this prior work is a real great place to
start from.

Thanks again,

Dawson