[Lazarus] Stop making false claims and statements on the wiki!
graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:20:45 CEST 2012
On 27 March 2012 16:30, Martin <lazarus@*****> wrote:
> FPGui is developed as a separate project. It can be used in Lazarus via the
> FPGui-Widgetset. This requires the user to install and/or update FPGui
> (sources) and set up Lazarus to use them.
> CustomDrawn is developed as part of Lazarus and works out of the box.
Thanks Martin. There are many ways Felipe could have done a comparison
in a more friendly and neutral manner - which I and others would have
been perfectly fine with. But what really got on my nerves is that
every time he reverted my (neutral and fair) changes, he would at the
same time add even more FUD. So things progressively sounded worse and
worse! Damn childish!
I just quoted one paragraph, but there were many such paragraphs and
many more examples.
- lcl-fpgui unmaintained and abandoned: I and others occasionally send
patches. Progress is slow, but improvements are implement gradually
(time permitting). That is different to unmaintained or abandoned
- LCL-CustomDrawn is used in commercial / business environments. Yeah
right, the state it is in now, no business would touch it with a 10
foot pole. It's Alpha state Felipe! Yes Felipe, you are the proud
daddy of your creation, but please don't over inflate its current
state and abilities. Not even all features or controls or platforms
are implemented yet.
- False advertising with the faked image - bloating the non-existent features.
- Revision control suddenly being a major obstacle in using a LCL
widgetset. Since when has that stopped any developer or company from
using a project, tool, framework etc.
- Majorly inflating what is necessary to support new platforms. My
description was perfectly accurate - yes Felipe, I also know the LCL
widgetset code and definitely also know what is required for fpGUI and
LCL-fpGUI to support new platforms.
- Looking at the revision history of lcl/interface/fpgui it is
definitely not clear-cut that Felipe was the major contributor either.
Maybe if you only judge my amount of commits (excluding patches
applied by him from other developers), but not by amount of actual
code changes. Yes Felipe, Git (the oh so difficult revision control
system) can report on code change statistics too, not just simple
commit log history.
- Comparing backend API's, suddenly only fpGUI is not possible to
accommodate the LCL API, but my miracles Qt, GTK1, GTK2, Carbon and
Cocoa are. Wow.
- fpGUI can't do anti-aliased text. What rubbish, it had that ability
- He says he is only comparing LCL-fpGUI, not fpGUI itself. Yet every
topic in the table specifically compared 'fpGUI' (not LCL-fpGUI) to
... just to name a few (but still not all).
As long as he continues his childish behaviour, I'll treat him like a child.
- Graeme -
fpGUI - a cross-platform Free Pascal GUI toolkit
More information about the Lazarus