[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Avishai avishai.gore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 21:31:17 CET 2013

The guys that started Lazarus had a base to start from.  They didn't start
from scratch.  They already had the basic code to do a lot of things and it
worked.  But it only worked for LeftToRight.

If Lazarus could address even a few of the major issues, I think it would
become the dominant programming tool of the Middle East. I thing that's
significant.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org>wrote:

> Am 04.12.2013 21:08, schrieb Avishai:
> > There's very little interest because it simply can't do the job.  If
> > you're looking to buy a new car, you don't stop at a motorcycle shop.
> >  If Lazarus could overcome just a few of the major obstacles I think
> > there would be RightToLeft people that would make the effort to create a
> > great RightToLeft tool.
>
> If the guys who started lazarus, would have thought the same, there
> would be no lazarus at all. If an OSS tool misses a certain feature,
> then there is simply not enough interest, else somebody who needs it,
> would implement it. Period.
>

> --

Shalom,
Avishai