[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:17:29 CET 2014

On 06/01/14 11:00, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is another example of a mailing list where technical discussion, commit messages,
>> bug reports and all kinds (trolls, phishing posts, spam) happens.
>>
>> it's LKML, fwiw. And yes, there is general one, and there are ones dedicated to arm, to vm,
>> mm, subsystems, you want it you name it it probably is there. There is even kernelnewbies
>> mailing list too. But they have an organization with full time admins hired to keep it readable.
>>
>> The difference is Laz/FPC vs Linux kernel is workflow AND manpower...
>
> The workflow may not be fundamentally different but the size and
> activity is different.
> Linux kernel is huge and requires more admin work for sure.

Ergo, manpower.

> Otherwise _this_ Lazarus list is similar with LKML.
> Both are open for everybody.
> Both have admins and can be moderated if really needed.
> And ... neither of them is suitable for developers' personal communication.

But even stable review patches are being posted there publicly, and s-o-b requested.
Because that's minimum the developers are ever required/expected to read, of all things.
I understand this happens on devel list(s) in FPC/Laz too.

>> I can perfectly understand why Laz/FPC don't want to mix it all together, it is at the stage
>> and in the world where you need a team of ml admins with knowledge to keep a ml from being
>> spammed to death.
>>
>> FPC/Laz devs have enough work as is, so they need this 'fence' around their playground, even
>> if it seems a bit rigid to us outside it.

Well apparently it is open r/o so sorry for the 'rigid' word. I very much only meant that
r/w-by-invitation to devel list is perfectly justified, IN MY VIEW. Speaking for me only.

> Uhhh!
[...]
> The question is about a person's right for privacy! Is this now better
> understood or should I write more?

/I/ understand your reaction, sorry for my choice of words, I did not mean to offend anybody, really.

> Juha

-L.