[Lazarus] GDB Logging options

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Jul 17 16:32:15 CEST 2014

On 17/07/2014 13:54, Justin Smyth wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> With the recent changes I can now compile for my arm embedded target using
> lazarus and can get lazarus to use my EABI GDB to connect to openOCD V8 OK ,
> is there a way I can see what commands are sent to GDB when lazarus starts
> it up ? I want to check to see if my changes in the class I've added are
> working and what is sent to gdb so I can check against what I would sent
> from a cmd prompt.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

you need either of those. first one shortens long lines (gdb response of
all lines in a unit ran be very long)

  --debug-log=LOG_FILE  --debug-enable=DBG_CMD_ECHO

  --debug-log=LOG_FILE  --debug-enable=DBG_CMD_ECHO_FULL

add

DBG_STATE  to see the state of the IDE debugger

DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG to see which commands belong together.

Install the laz_ide_logger (or similar) and toggle them while the IDE is running