[Lazarus] Lazarus compile project via ssh?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 13:52:35 CET 2015

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Regarding cross compilation, my code contains a sections linking to the
broadcom driver and several other files (a whole slew of different vchi
modules), which in turns links to many other files. For cross compile to
work I would need to find all the required libs and static files (*.a) file
upon which they depend to cross compile. And for the static libs link order
needs to be preserved (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/45135/why-does-the-order-in-which-libraries-are-linked-sometimes-cause-errors-in-gcc)
or compilation fails. On the Pi I use a have config program (provided by
broadcom) in an ifdef withing my Pi's fpc.cfg. The config program
dynamically generates settings for the gnu ld command to produce the
correct static lib order.

Rather than trying to solve these types of linking issues (not to mention
the generating the correct hard float cross compiler) on my desktop PC, I
thought my current workflow was easier a lot easier.

Also, the ssh method for me has the added benefit of allowing me to execute
my Pi program from a terminal on my desktop PC, and see the results in that
terminal as the Pi brings up a full screen UI on another monitor. See this
video taken from another developer ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhWs_3_SuW0 .The difference my case is that
I've written code to control a fullscreen Pi app through the ssh terminal,
while on the Pi the terminal is not visible/accessible.