[Lazarus] IBUS warning

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Fri Mar 27 13:36:58 CET 2015

On 03/27/2015 01:07 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> ibus is an input method. If it's enabled (i.e. if the ibus-daemon is
> running) it will intercept anything coming from the keyboard, to any
> application. It's not Lazarus calling ibus explicitly: simply attempting
> to read user keyboard input gets ibus in the way.

Thanks Giuliano. This is what I had thought but wasn't sure.

I hesitate to remove it completely because it seems to be tied into
multiple keyboards which I do use. I will search for its initialization
and disable it because, on my system at least, it is a real pain.

I'm also a bit nonplussed that (K)Ubuntu put this on my system at all,
and I wonder if they are going down the (Micros*ft) road to locking down
the user.?!