[Lazarus] IBUS warning

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Mar 27 20:29:51 CET 2015

Il 27/03/2015 13:36, JuuS ha scritto:
> Thanks Giuliano. This is what I had thought but wasn't sure.
>
> I hesitate to remove it completely because it seems to be tied into
> multiple keyboards which I do use. I will search for its initialization
> and disable it because, on my system at least, it is a real pain.

If you don't actually *use* it (I mean activate it by its shortcut) to
enter chinese ideograms or similar things which do require an input
method, and you just want to switch from one keyboard layout to another,
you may safely disable/remove it without any side effect.

> I'm also a bit nonplussed that (K)Ubuntu put this on my system at all,
> and I wonder if they are going down the (Micros*ft) road to locking down
> the user.?!

Yes, it would appear that Microsoft is still a reference to system
packagers, and unfortunately also to desktop designers. A lot of
stupid/crazy stuff Microsoft style things are creeping into Linux
desktops, recently...

Giuliano