[Lazarus] Lazarus Mailinglist Reader

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Mon Nov 16 15:15:23 CET 2015

Am 16.11.2015 um 12:39 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> How are the messages stored locally? In a large MBOX file, and then
> create an external index to speed up message access?
Maybe I should have gone a database way. But knowing the speed of
TAvlTree from fpspreadsheet, I store the decoded mails in this structure
(a simpler TList should do as well), and create two index AvlTrees for
the MailID and the ReplyToID. The TVirtualStringTree at the left of the
form has pointers to these mails in its node data. The file finally is
written and read by using the built-in methods of the virtualtree.