[Lazarus] Testing needed for bugfix

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 21:01:22 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have tried to fix a longstanding bug w.r.t. the behaviour of the
dialog and the application when setting CanClose to false in the
OncanClose event of TOpenDialog.
See: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21147 for a description of the bug.

I need this fix tested before it can be safely merged into fixex_1_6.
I have attached a sample project.

For testing you neet Lazarus trunk >= r52787 !

To test:
Unzip the attachment
Build the sample project.
Leave "OpenDialog1:TOpenDialog" seected in the radiogroup.
Click the "Execute" button.

Expected behaviour:
If you cancel the dialog NO OnCanClose will be executed (this should
be platform independant).
If you select a file that has an extension '.txt' (Note:
case-sensitive, I'm lazy) (default filter is '*.txt') and press OK,
the OnCanClose event (TForm1.OpenDialog1CanClose) is fired and the
dialog closes as expected.
If you select a file with a different extension than '.txt' the
OncaClose event is fires, but the dialog should not close.

Once you have closed the dialog (either by cancelling or selecting a
.txt file), the applications should respond normally and you should be
able to close the application.

I would exect that this now is OK under Windows.
I need testing under XP and Vista or heigher please.

Linux or MacOSX users still may hevae problems though.

Kind regards,

Bart