[Lazarus] Lazarus January 2016 Update Can't install custom components.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Thu Jan 21 20:16:05 CET 2016

On 01/20/2016 04:53 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
> I've posted new installer for Free Pascal and Lazarus at
> getlazarus.org <http://getlazarus.org>. Here is an overview of the
> what's new:
>
> Video:
>
> http://www.getlazarus.org/new/
>
> Changes include:
>
> A new Lazarus layout with the component pallet removed and coolbar
> buttons in its place. The a docked form designer is now the default
> form editor.
>
> The new menu editor is included along with my application explorer
> tool. The source to the application explorer is in the components
> folder and might be of interest to users wanting to try their hand at
> extending the IDE,
>
> The new documentation site at docs.getlazarus.org
> <http://docs.getlazarus.org> is now the F1 help site.
>
> Minimal FPC 3.0.0 compilers with friendly setup scripts are now
> available at http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/minimal/. I've also
> updated the "making it yourself" page with better instructions.
>
> Finally FPC 3.1.1 trunk includes support for generic
> functions/procedures, which are quite nice.
>

> --
Hi Anthony,

I just tried to use the new Lazarus for Raspberry PI and ran into two
problems trying to add components from a four-year-old library (that has
been working on Linux for that time and on Raspbian up to Lazarus 1.4).

This version of fpc/lazarus does not have the RegExpr package so one of
my components failed to compile.  I removed it from the package and
started over (I don't need it for the app on the PI so for now this is
not a major issue.  I do need it on Linux so now I am hesitant to
upgrade my main development machine.).

The big problem occurred when rebuilding lazarus to install the new
components:

Build IDE Exit Code 512 Errors 4
Panic *** make No rule to make 'idepkg'  Stop.

remaining errors are leaving directory and make terminated.

Is there a work-around for this (besides returning to 1.4)?  I need
several of the components in this library.

Thanks,

Don Ziesig