[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 1.8.0

Julius JuuS at mailbox.org
Tue Jul 4 17:37:03 CEST 2017

On 07/04/2017 01:50 PM, brian via Lazarus wrote:
> I'm seeing an *extremely* strange problem with 1.8.0 RC3, AMD64
> version as DEBs, as downloaded from SourceForge.
>
> I'm using the latest Ubuntu Studio 64-bit, which basically means
> Ubuntu 17.04. Using the Lazarus IDE, and creating a totally new
> application, every keypress appears multiple times, e.g. if I try to

You have been bitten by ibus, last upgrade must have installed it or
activated it.

I don't have it on my system anymore so can't do a help on it but what
you need to do is turn it off, something like:

ibus -close

or something. Then, Problem gone.

ibus has something to do with asian keyboards I believe and causes
double keystroke problems.

--
Julius