[Lazarus] Universal FontDialog for LCL

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Mon Mar 11 22:49:10 CET 2019

On 08/03/2019 09:10, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 3:09 PM zeljko via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> Not as default TFontDialog. Maybe as TLazFontDialog or similar.
> +1
> AlexeyT, what is wrong in having a separate component for those who need it?
> If the current native dialogs have bugs (Carbon etc.) they should be
> fixed obviously. That is a different issue.
>
> Mapping to native controls has its problems but it also has benefits.
> The beauty is that you can mix native LCL components with custom drawn
> ones.
>
> Juha

Just to confirm the carbon font dialog seems completely broken under the
current SVN with OSX fully patched.
(https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35214) Given Carbon is on its
way out, replacing the native control with a (more or less equivalent)
substitute might be the most sensible work-around. I am not sure top
what extent the native dialog ever worked anyway, as it is not intended
to be used as a modal dialog.

Colin