[Lazarus] Lazarus code editor improvement?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 09:10:07 CET 2019

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 13:31:21 +0100, Joe via lazarus

>> So indeed it is connected with VNC, but it also is connected with
>> Lazarus' code editor window. It seems like this is the only affected
>> window on the RPi, all others accept the composition key AltGr as part
>> of entering a special char.
>>
>> I cannot use the direct connection, though, because I am heavily
>> depending on being able to copy stuff across between the two systems
>> and I also need to have access to my other tools on the Windows
>> computer. So I have to stick with VNC anyway and work around the
>> problem.
>>
>> And back again to Lazarus 2.0.6...
>>

>Please look at  issue 0030544 on https://bugs.freepascal.org. If I
>remember correctly, Mattias eventually found the reason and fixed it.
>Don't know why the problerm rearises...

I had to revisit this issue and found the bugtracker mention above.
It turns out that using Ctrl-Alt as a compose key combination instead
of AltGr I get the correct characters also in a RealVNC connection to
the RPi where Lazarus is running.
Tested these: [ ] { } | $ € \ ~ @ £

The Lazarus code editor switches me to the tab next left when I use
AltGr so all I enter afterwards gets into the wrong file...

I just have to remember NOT to use AltGr in the Lazarus code editor
when working through VNC in the future....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden