[Lazarus] unit Masks vs. unit FPMasks

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:56:44 CET 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Since it comes from Lazarus in the first place, they are supposed to be
> compatible, yes. If not, then the unit in FPC can be updated to add missing
> things.

Oops, now I understand that FPMasks does not really support Unicode.
Type UTF8String only converts encoding automatically when assigning values.
There is no code to identify codepoints.
The LazUtils Masks iterates codepoints, although in a very slow way.
Has anybody tested FPMasks with multibyte-codepoints? I guess it may not
work correctly.

BTW, the UTF8String change is not in FPC 3.0.4 which we still must support.
Even if FPC libs get new code that can be used in Lazarus, It takes many
years before we can use it due to the slow release cycle.
I hope FPC 3.2.2 comes out soon.

Juha