[Lazarus] unit Masks vs. unit FPMasks

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:48:52 CET 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:56 PM Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oops, now I understand that FPMasks does not really support Unicode.
> Type UTF8String only converts encoding automatically when assigning values.
> There is no code to identify codepoints.
> The LazUtils Masks iterates codepoints, although in a very slow way.
> Has anybody tested FPMasks with multibyte-codepoints? I guess it may not
> work correctly.

I am not sure if iterating multibyte codepoints is even necessary. I must
create a unit test.
Does anybody have a list of use cases or some example code?
The Embarcadero documentation is very plain.
It is difficult to find comprehensive examples. I must confess I have not
used TMask or TMaskList myself.

Juha